Sunday, September 21, 2014

Thanks for the info. The script on the Arma thread wont load for me for some reason, I


Hey raff, I spent a few hours messing around with virtualdub fotoflexer and I got the settings for everything fotoflexer working with what you've posted here as well as your guides. The only question I had so far was how to adjust the motion blur. I see it looks like it has a minimum and a maximum, so which portion would I adjust? Thanks for all the hard work. Also I got the MT version of AVIsynth and I was going to try out running the script in MT mode, if you have any input on this i'd be happy to hear it. I wouldnt want my other 7 cores to get bored.
I had to search to remind myself of what I had posted regarding motion blur. Besides this post on the UDK thread, I have another script, here on the Arma thread. They were written for two different types of source footage, so I can't say which would be better for you. Both scripts have a motion blur function with a percentblur argument, with a range from 0 (no blur) to 100 (a lot of blur). If you want to know how much to use, I'd say not very much at all...you tend to get sick of it fairly quickly. More later, I've got to run.
Thanks for the info. The script on the Arma thread wont load for me for some reason, I'll have to mess with that a bit later. I'll mess with the blur amounts later in a render, but I'm basically just trying to test out different renders. Here's the first test I did last night, with more or less default settings in the script. I modified the first script you posted to remove fotoflexer the edge blur and crop, and this was the result. fotoflexer I know that without any render effects beside a sharpen and boosting colors and contrast a bit, my footage looks alright. I'm just trying to see how I would go about improving the youtube encodes of very fast motion, i.e. Black Ops 2. This is more out of fun than necessity. Here's an example of the very first render I did with the AVIsynth script. I'm working on another but until I can get at least some of the script multithreaded it takes 40 minutes a run.
> fotoflexer The script on the Arma thread wont load for me for some reason Post your error messages if you get stuck. I may have made a typo or something. I don't understand, trust or like Avisynth MT, sorry. Have read about too many problems with it. I think you're on the right track by starting with the UDK script and removing what you don't need. The motion blur routine in the UDK thread has a speed argument you might try:
Ok so the edit button disappears after 5 minutes. That's odd. I was also going to ask how to get an error message out of a script, as when I try to run them in Vdub they just say "fail to open". They dont give an error output like they do when you try to use a bad command or something. I guess the good news about this being so slow is that I can run a Premiere encode on a different fotoflexer file at the same time. I was going to work on some filters in Premiere. I like to try different things, I've probably encoded this same video about 20 different ways by now just to see what happens.
Code: fotoflexer AVISource("C:\Users\user\Desktop\videotest\1minsample.avi") ConvertToYV12(matrix="Rec709", chromaresample="spline16") RemoveGrain(2) Blockbuster("blur", block_size = 4, Detail_min = 75, Detail_max = 100, Luma_offset = 0, Luma_threshold = 25, Strength = 100) UUNnedi3Enlarge() BilinearResize(2080, 1170) ## done! return Last ################################# ### high quality fotoflexer enlarge ## ("nedi" is short for "new edge directed interpolation") ## function UUNnedi3Enlarge(clip C, int "wid", int "hgt") { wid = Max(16, Default(wid, 2*C.Width)) hgt = Max(16, Default(hgt, 2*C.Height)) zfact = Max(Float(wid)/C.Width, Float(hgt)/C.Height) rfact = (zfact >32.0001) ? 64 \ : (zfact >16.0001) ? 32 \ : (zfact fotoflexer > 8.0001) ? 16 \ : (zfact > 4.0001) ? 8 \ : (zfact > 2.0001) ? 4 \ : 2 return C.nnedi3_rpow2(rfactor=rfact, nsize=0, \ cshift="spline36resize", fwidth=wid, fheight=hgt) }
> So is it a toggle, like -1, 0, +1? Yes, exactly. > Ok so the edit button disappears after 5 minutes. It's a new user anti-spam restriction, sorry about that. > I was also going to ask how to get an error message out of a script Try VirtualDub View menu, Log. You should see the error message there, hopefully. Get the line number of the error, that's the most helpful thing. > Using Slow x264 preset. Not what I would use, personally. If you're fotoflexer using constant rate factor fotoflexer like I recommend, Slow won't give you more quality; in fact I feel (and @billman has independently come to the same conclusion) that the faster presets (Fast, Veryfast) work a little better with YouTube. More importantly, your encoding proceeds a lot faster; the downside is the file size; it's about 20% larger. > RemoveGrain > Blockbuster I didn't post those lines did I? I will have to try them,

No comments:

Post a Comment